Thanks for your interest in the 2020 TRIO SSS scholarship application! Continue reading below for instructions on this year's application process.
To qualify for the TRIO SSS scholarship, you must meet the following requirements. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee the awarding of a scholarship.
- Enrolled in the WVU Tech TRIO SSS program
- Recipient of the Pell Grant as outlined on your 2020-2021 financial aid award package
Please note that scholarships will be awarded first to Freshman and Sophomore students. Juniors and Seniors will be considered after Freshman and Sophomore applicants are reviewed.
Components of Application:
1) Write one essay (250 words minimum/500 words maximum). You will need to upload your essay into the online application. Choose one of the below essay topics.
Option 1: How has participating in the TRIO SSS program at WVU Tech helped you succeed in college?
Option 2: What has been one obstacle that you have faced since being enrolled at WVU Tech and how did you overcome it?
2) File the FAFSA for the 2021-2022 school year. After you submit the FAFSA, take a screen shot of the confirmation page and save it as a document. You will need to upload your FAFSA confirmation page into the online application.
3) Sign in to the WVU Student Lingo account using your WVU credentials and complete the two sessions listed below. At the end of each session, you will receive an action plan. Download the action plans and save them to your computer. You will need to upload your action plans into the online application.
Session 1: Financial Literacy: Smart Money Skills for College & Beyond
Session 2: Navigating the Financial Aid Process
4) Submit the online application. This is where you will upload the previous documents listed in the above steps.
The deadline to apply is December 11, 2020 at 4:30 pm. No late applications will be reviewed.