Students can apply to become a participant in the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program
at any point in their undergraduate career (freshman to senior) and at any point
in the semester. Participation in the program is on a first-come, first-serve
basis. Students will be admitted based upon eligibility and availability of open slots in the program.
EligibilityAny undergraduate student who:
- is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- has been accepted for enrollment at WVU Tech in a four-year degree program;
- meets one or more of the following federal criteria:
- is a first-generation college student (neither father, mother or legal guardian(s) has graduated from a four-year institution)
- is income eligible as determined by federal government guidelines Eligibility Guidelines
- is a student with a documented sensory, psychological, learning or physical disability
Students interested in applying to TRIO SSS need to complete an application. Applicants can apply online or download the application and mail or hand deliver it to TRIO SSS at the address listed below.
410 Neville Street
100 Benedum Center
Beckley, WV 25801
All applicants will talk with a TRIO SSS staff member for an intake. During the intake appointment, we will discuss your educational and career goals, how TRIO SSS can help you, etc. Intake appointments can be in-person, on Zoom, or by phone.
Welcome to TRIO SSS!
Students that complete their application and intake appointment will have their files reviewed by the Director. Check your MIX email account for your admission decision.