Students can apply to become a participant in the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) program at any point in their undergraduate career (freshman to senior) and at any point in the semester. Participation in the program is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will be admitted based upon eligibility and availability of open slots in the program.
EligibilityAny undergraduate student who:
- is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- has been accepted for enrollment at WVU Tech in a four-year degree program;
- meets one or more of the following federal criteria:
- is a first-generation college student (neither father, mother or legal guardian(s) has graduated from a four-year institution)
- is eligible for financial aid following guidelines published by the U.S. Department of Education. Eligibility Guidelines
- is a student with a documented sensory, psychological, learning or physical disability. Such disabilities must be documented with the Office of Accessibility Services.